Military Hunting and Fishing presents Tennessee.

Tennessee ForumTennessee Public Land MapTennessee Fishing NewsTennessee Hunting News

Active Duty Military

Resident licenses can be purchased by:

70-2-103.  Exception to licensing requirement — Military personnel on furlough.

(a) Any member of the armed forces or services while on furlough or other temporary military leave of absence has the right to hunt and fish in the state of Tennessee during the appropriate seasons for hunting and fishing as fixed by law, without the necessity of procuring a license.

    (b) In order for any person to hunt and fish without the required license, the person shall have in that person’s possession at all times a copy of that person’s furlough papers or other military orders showing that such person is officially on leave of absence from the military service. Such military papers or orders are subject to examination and inspection by duly constituted officers of the wildlife resources agency at all times.
70-2-104.  Persons entitled to license without fee or at reduced fee

Contains more Veteran’s information


If you hunt game or attempt to hunt game by any method or if you assist someone else to do so, you must have a valid hunting license. There are some exceptions:

  • Military personnel on leave carrying leave papers.

Military personnel on active duty in this state and their immediate families, who reside with them, regardless of resident status.

Disabled Veterans

Permanent DAV Hunting and Fishing

Available only by application from the TWRA License Sales Office (615-781-6585) for resident veterans certified by the VA as 30 percent disabled by reason of war service or 100 percent service connected. Covers all license requirements to hunt and fish but holder must purchase any applicable permits.

Permanent sport combination hunting and fishing license upon payment of a one-time ten dollar ($10.00) fee to those residents of Tennessee who are 100 percent permanent and total service connected disabled veterans who apply for such discounts and exemptions prior to or after May 24, 2000. The agency shall accept as evidence of service-connected disability for the purposes of this subdivision a certification from the veterans’ administration.

Required certification of recent date from the Veterans Administration must accompany this application.
Per TCA 70-2-104 (a) (3a & b), the Director of the TWRA shall accept, as evidence of war-connected disability, the following three pieces of information from the Veterans Administration:

1. Percent of disability
2. Dates of service
3. Name of war or conflict

These three pieces of information must be supplied by the Veterans Administration as separated documents or in the form of a certificate or DD214 form.
By signing my signature on this application, I hereby agree to surrender the license issued to me by reason of this disability should I become ineligible under the above provisions.

Contact The TWRA Central Office

License Information

General Hunting Fishing
Purchase License Online Hunting License Information Fishing License Information
Duplicate / Replacement Lifetime Licensing Lifetime Licensing
License Agent Listings Hunting Regulations Fishing Regulations
Permits Gun Regulations Disabled Veteran License Information

Thank you for visiting Military Hunting and Fishing in Tennessee.


Follow by Email