Military Hunting and Fishing presents Wyoming.

ForumPublic Land MapFishing NewsHunting News

Active Duty Military

wyomingA resident is also any active member, the spouse or minor child of any active member of the Armed Forces of the United States who has been stationed in Wyoming for ninety (90) days so long as the member remains stationed in Wyoming. A Wyoming resident who enters the military from Wyoming maintains resident status if he/she declares Wyoming as his/her home of record, maintains Wyoming voting registration, is on active duty and does not claim residency elsewhere. Military personnel who establish residency by being domiciled in Wyoming for one year then change their home of record to Wyoming retain residency as long as they make no claim of residency for any purpose in any other state except military hunting or fishing privileges that might be allowed in that state.

Active duty military applicants must complete the proof of Residency Statement (Item 5) on the reverse side of the application for themselves, spouse and minor children.

People meeting the following criteria may purchase any hunting, trapping, or fishing license at the resident price:

1. Any non-resident active duty U.S. Armed Forces member or member of forces
incorporated in the U.S. Armed Forces who is stationed in Wyoming or was a
resident when he/she entered active service.

2. A member of a Reserve unit located in Wyoming, or a unit located outside of
Wyoming if the person was a Wyoming resident when they entered active service.

3. A non-resident member of the Wyoming National Guard.
Armed Forces members are not exempt from the need to purchase a valid deer hunting license.

Armed Forces members are entitled to the following:

A U.S. Armed Forces member who exhibits proof that he or she is a Wyoming
resident, or was a resident when he/she entered active service, may use a firearm
and his or her one Gun Buck Deer Carcass Tag to harvest one deer of either sex
from any Deer Management Unit (including CWD Earn-A-Buck Units) during any
firearm season (not including the 2-day youth deer hunt), including any antlerlessonly
gun deer hunts established by the department, if he or she is:

1. in active service outside of Wyoming with the U.S. Armed Forces or forces
incorporated in the U.S. Armed Forces, and

2. is on furlough or leave.
Those who meet the above criteria may also purchase one bonus antlerless deer
carcass tag in a unit with a quota, even if the unit is sold out.

Disabled Veterans

100% Disabled Hunter Application for Bird, Fish and Small Game

50% Disabled Veteran Application for Fishing License

Fees; restrictions; verification of residency required

Any resident disabled veteran who receives fifty percent (50%) or more service connected disability compensation from the United States department of veteran’s affairs may apply to the department for a resident disabled veteran’s lifetime fishing license. The license entitles the resident disabled veteran to take any fish within Wyoming at the time, in a place, in a manner and in an amount as provided by law and the orders of the commission.

Resource: Wyoming Code Annotated 23-2-201

Duplicate Licenses
Duplicate licenses are available only at the Cheyenne office and regional offices of the Wyoming Game and Fish Department or from district game wardens.

Duplicate licenses are issued for a $5 fee. The first step is to go to the license agency where you purchased your license and have them fill out a duplicate license affidavit which lists the date and license number of your lost or destroyed license.

Each license has a carbon and the license agent can look through the carbons in license books and find the necessary information for the affidavit. You then take the completed affidavit to your nearest Game and Fish regional office or send it along with the $5 to the Cheyenne headquarters and they will issue you the duplicate.

This is the procedure for licenses purchased over the counter from license agencies. If the license was obtained through a drawing you must contact the Cheyenne office and they will research their drawing files for your license information and send you an affidavit to fill out.

Special Note:

Donate a License to a Disabled Veteran

Wyoming Statue 23-1-705 (k) authorizes the holder of any valid big game license to surrender said license to the department for reissuance to a veteran with disabilities, as established by commission rule and regulation, selected and sponsored by a nonprofit charitable organization providing hunting opportunities for disabled veterans.

Link to full text

License Information

General Hunting Fishing
Purchase License Online Hunting License Information Fishing License Information
Duplicate / Replacement Lifetime Licensing Lifetime Licensing
License Agent Listings Hunting Regulations Fishing Regulations
Permits Gun Regulations Disabled Veteran License Information

Thank you for visiting Military Hunting and Fishing in Wyoming.


Follow by Email