Military Hunting and Fishing presents Minnesota.

Minnesota ForumMinnesota Public Land MapMinnesota Fishing NewsMinnesota Hunting News

Active Duty Military

Military hunting license information for the State of Minnesota is extensive, which is a good thing. Here is the link to their Military Active and Disabled info page.

Nonresident spouses of MN residents on active military duty may purchase resident hunting and fishing licenses. Nonresidents must provide proof of spouse’s residency and active military duty.

A person in the U.S. Armed Forces who is stationed in the state may purchase resident hunting and fishing licenses, but not moose or elk licenses.

Disabled Veterans

With proof of a 100 percent service-related disability may obtain a free Minnesota Small Game License (241) and a free Firearms (242), or Muzzleloader (240), or Archery (243) Deer License from an ELS license agent. In addition, a disabled veteran is exempt from purchasing state pheasant or waterfowl stamps, but must purchase a turkey stamp and license to hunt turkeys and a federal duck stamp to hunt waterfowl.

Disabled veterans with 100 % service connected disability will receive first preference in drawings for special deer hunts, bear and turkey permits.http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/licenses/hunting/res_militarypreference.pdf

Special note:  Lost License You may obtain a duplicate license at any Electronic License System (ELS) license agent or from the DNR License Center in St. Paul. The fee is $5.75 for a duplicate Big Game License and $2.50 for all others.

License Information

General Hunting Fishing
Purchase License Online Hunting License Information Fishing License Information
Duplicate / Replacement Lifetime Licensing Lifetime Licensing
License Agent Listings Hunting Regulations Fishing Regulations
Permits Gun Regulations Disabled Veteran License Information

Thank you for visiting Military Hunting and Fishing in Minnesota.


Follow by Email