Military Hunting and Fishing presents Kentucky.

Kentucky ForumKentucky Public Land MapKentucky Fishing NewsKentucky Hunting News

Active Duty Military

The following do not have to have sport hunting or fishing licenses: Kentucky resident servicemen or women on furlough of more than three days, carrying proper identification and papers showing furlough status.

Disabled Veterans

Since March 1, 1999, senior and disabled residents previously exempt from license requirements are required to purchase a $5.00 license to hunt and fish.   The license allows you to hunt and fish and covers the following state permits:   deer, turkey, migratory bird, waterfowl, and trout.  Qualifications for purchasing the discounted license are the same as the qualifications were for the exemption.  For senior residents, they simply need to give their date of birth.

The Senior/Disabled selection will only show when the date of birth indicates the customer has reached his/her 65th birthday. Disabled residents must be a veteran with at least a 50% service-connected disability or be declared totally and permanently disabled by the Federal Social Security Administration, the State Department of Worker’s Claims, the United States Railroad Retirement Board, the Kentucky Teacher Retirement system or the United States Office of Personnel Management.

They must provide the department with certification of their disability from the appropriate agency.  Once the department receives the correct certification, the hunter/angler will be issued an authorization card.  The card will be valid for a period of 3 years and can be renewed at the end of the period by re-applying for a disabled authorization card.

You must go to any license agent or the internet and purchase your $5.00 discounted license each year to be legal to hunt or fish.  When purchasing the discounted license, the hunter/angler will present the authorization card to the license agent.

The license agent will be required to enter the card number to access the Senior/Disabled license table and make the sale.  For more information, go to Disability License Exemption Information. In both cases, the resident will be asked for a date of birth.

The disabled resident also will be asked to supply the authorization card.  In both cases, documentation of their qualification to purchase the discounted license must be carried in addition to the license itself while hunting or fishing.

For the disabled resident, the authorization card is the proof needed.   For the senior resident, a driver’s license is all the proof needed, but other documentation of residency and age is acceptable.

License Information

General Hunting Fishing
Purchase License Online Hunting License Information Fishing License Information
Duplicate / Replacement Lifetime Licensing Lifetime Licensing
License Agent Listings Hunting Regulations Fishing Regulations
Permits Gun Regulations Disabled Veteran License Information

Thank you for visiting Military Hunting and Fishing in Kentucky.