Military Hunting and Fishing presents Washington
Active Duty Military
Notwithstanding the provisions of subsections (2) and (3) of this section, a member of the armed forces stationed at a military installation in this state (other than on temporary duty), is eligible to purchase a resident fishing or hunting license after presenting a valid military identification card and evidence that the member is stationed within the state, including, but not limited to, official orders or billeting documents.
(Excerpt from: Washington Administrative Code provides the clarification of recreational licensing residency: WAC 220-55-061 Residency of purchaser.)
Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 357-01-115
For affirmative action purposes, a person:
(1) Entitled to disability compensation under laws administered by the Veterans Administration for disability rated at 30 percent or more or disability rated at least 10 percent in the case of a veteran who has been determined by the Veterans Administration to have a serious employment handicap; or
(2) Whose discharge or release from active duty was for a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
The Washington State Legislature, and/or the Fish and Wildlife Commission establish eligibility requirements. The fact that a person may receive a disability award or rating from the Social Security Administration or any other federal, state, and/or county entity does not automatically make one eligible for the privileges issued by WDFW.
The following are eligible for a combination fishing license (fresh water, salt water, and shellfish) and/or hunting license(s) at a discounted rate. See Disability Fee Schedule.
- Resident veterans with at least 30% service connected disability as verified by VA letter
- Resident veterans 65 years of age or older with a service connected disability as verified by VA letter
- Resident who permanently uses a wheelchair as certified by the doctor
- Resident who is blind or visually impaired
- Resident with a developmental disability as determined by DSHS authority or physicians signature
The following are eligible for a harvester card and/or a disabled hunter permit. These cards enable you to designate any licensed fisher and/or hunter to assist you:
* Please note that if you are approved for a disabled hunter permit you may be eligible to participate in the road access entry program. For further information, contract ADA Program manager, Dolores Noyes, WDFW, 360-902-2349, FAX: 360-902-2392 or Email: Dolores.Noyes@dfw.wa.gov
To receive one of the above the applicant must have a permanent physical disability classified as a upper extremity impairment, lower extremity impairment (mobility) or blind/visually impaired.
To apply for disability status you will need to complete the recreational disability application and return it to our main office. Our mailing address is 600 Capitol Way N; Olympia WA 98501 or you can fax the application to (360) 902-2466.
Please allow 2 weeks for processing, if you do not receive a notice on your application after 2 weeks please contact our office at (360) 902-2464 .
Disability FAQ Link http://apps.leg.wa.gov/WAC/default.aspx?cite=357-01-115
ADA Access Link http://wdfw.wa.gov/accessibility/requirements.html
Thank you for visiting Military Hunting and Fishing in Washington.