Military Hunting and Fishing presents Florida
Active Duty Military
You do not need a recreational hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license or a *Florida waterfowl, migratory bird, deer, turkey, snook, spiny lobster, archery season, crossbow season, muzzleloading season permit or management area permit if…
- You are a child under 16 years of age. (Also exempt from federal duck stamp requirements.)
- You are a Florida resident age 65 or older possessing proof of age and residency or possessing a Resident Senior Citizen Hunting and Fishing Certificate. Residents age 65 or older may obtain, at no cost,complimentary hunting and fishing certificates from county tax collectors’ offices.
- You hunt or freshwater fish in your county of residence on your homestead or the homestead of your spouse or minor child, or if you are a minor child hunting or freshwater fishing on the homestead of your parent.
- You are a Florida resident certified as totally and permanently disabled and you possess a Florida Resident Disabled Person Hunting and Fishing Certificate.
- You are a resident who is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, you are not stationed in this state, and you are home on leave for 30 days or less, upon submission of orders.
- You are hunting wild hog on private land.
To receive a no-cost Resident Persons with Disabilities Hunting and Fishing License, applicants must provide proof of being totally and permanently disabled. Not all persons with disabilities will meet the criteria to receive the no-cost license. The license is not a disability accommodation but an economic accommodation for the segment of the disabled population who typically can least afford to pay for the license.
Certified or determined to be totally and permanently disabled
For purposes of workers’ compensation under chapter 440 as verified by an order of a judge of compensation claims, OR
For purposes of workers’ compensation under chapter 440 as verified by written confirmation by the carrier providing workers’ compensation benefits, OR
- By the Railroad Retirement Board, OR
- By the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or its predecessor, OR
- By any branch of the United States Armed Forces, OR
- By holding a valid 100-percent, service-connected permanent and total disability identification card issued under the provisions of s. 295.174
Certified or determined to be disabled by the United States Social Security Administration (Note: documentation must be dated within the last 12 months and indicate you are currently receiving disability benefits – 1099 Form not accepted)
Thank you for visiting Military Hunting and Fishing in Florida.